Subject: NonFilterableNavigationProperties?

Hi all,

How do I express that I donât support paths with a certain navigation property in $filter?

I thought we had added NonFilterableNavigationProperties to FilterRestrictions as a twin to NonFilterableProperties, but apparently we havenât.

Fun part:

  • We donât support
    • GET Foo?$filter=_bar eq null (_bar is a nullable single-valued navigation property)
    • GET Foo?$filter=_bar/someProp eq 'Joe'
  • We do support
    • GET Foo('someKey')/_bar?$filter=someProp eq 'Joe'

So NavigationRestrictions/RestrictedProperties[_bar]/FilterRestrictions/Filterable=false doesnât seem appropriate because we donât have filter restrictions when actually navigating along _bar, we have it when not navigating and just âlooking along _barâ in a filter on the navigation source.

I think we discussed a similar scenario some time ago in a TC call and I canât find it.

Thanks in advance!
Ralf

        In preparing for battle
        I have always found that plans are useless,
        but planning is indispensable.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower