Subject: ODF Market Share Analysis

Hello everybody,

AFAIK one of our goals is to convince ISV's to support ODF. From my
personal experience ISV's always want to see market share data that
allows them to estimate the business case. Therefore, I believe we
need to put together a web page or document that compiles all the
available pieces of market share information.

The document would have to list things like OpenOffice.org
download numbers, OpenOffice.org deployments, analyst quotes,
survey data, desktop Linux distribution numbers, Workplace/
KOffice/Textmaker/StarOffice/... success stories, etc.

The wiki page on OpenOffice.org gives you an idea what I'm
talking about:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Market_Share_Analysis

The page does not yet include the following data:

Some ODF deployments listed in Peter Korn's accessibility presentation
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/korn/ODF_Panel_presentation_slides-text.html

OpenOffice.org at Brazilian Banco do Brasil
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/dancer?entry=openoffice_org_at_brazilian_banco#comments

OpenOffice.org at the Belgium Ministry of Justice
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/dancer?entry=4_000_copies_of_openoffice#comments

In addition, the page does not talk about non-OpenOffice.org
products. However, for our purposes we should prepare a document
that covers all the available ODF products.

Do you agree that we need an ODF market share analysis document?
If yes, where should it reside and what format should be used
(web page vs. wiki page vs. ODF document)? Who could provide
what data? Who would be willing to help with such an effort?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Erwin