Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Market Share Analysis

Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
> I have found using wikis the best method.  Keeping it in the  OOo
> .services location is to me a useful locale.

I think that using the OOo domain would do a lot of harm. OpenDocument
is not about OOo and it is crucially important that people don't
perceive it like that. Using the OOo domain plays right into Microsoft's
hands as they try to convince everyone that this is a "this product vs
that product" issue. We want to tell people that this issue is between
an open standard agreed by many competitors versus a format designed by
one convicted monopolist. The moment you lose the distinction between
OpenDocument and OOo you lose the argument. Let's not make this easier
for Microsoft.

Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org