Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Market Share Analysis

> If that's the case, then our first priority should be compliance. I
> assumed that the purpose was broader because your first suggestions
> (whitepaper and market share analysis) are more for end users.

Not necessarily.

All ISV's I have talked to so far with respect to OpenOffice.org,
StarOffice and OpenDocument wanted to see data proving that it is
worth investing in OpenDocument and OpenDocument-supporting
applications. Without a clear business case companies will just
continue to support the market leading application (and its formats),
unless they have some other strategic reason for supporting something
else.

A white paper can help ISV's to understand how they can support
and integrated OpenDocument. In addition, a white paper can provide
arguments why ISV's should support OpenDocument. Maybe J. David
Eisenberg can help to write some technical content.

Nevertheless, I agree that compliance is a key issue that we
need to address. I will start a separate thread on the
compliance discussion since we will need to define what
compliance means.

Best regards,
Erwin