Subject: Re: FW: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument compliance/conformance--logo

Daniel Carrera wrote:
>> I like the outreach idea, but my experiences with logo design
>> competitions have not been good.
>> Why would we want to create a totally new look, when we have a brand
>> established--one that takes advantage of ODF's connection to an
>> internationally recognized open standards organization and reinforces
>> ODF's status as an approved OASIS Standard? The design here is simple
>> enough to be adapted to a conformance badge, although we may want to
>> discuss whether to build branding around "OpenDocument" or "ODF".
>
> The logo submissions don't have to be totally different. We can include
> a suggestion that the artist build upon the OASIS brand. And since it's
> ultimately the TC that picks the logo, we can just reject anything that
> we consider too drastic.

To be clear: I *like* Carol's suggestion of using the OASIS brand, for
the reasons she said. In addition, it seems fair to give OASIS
recognition for OpenDocument. So, I would propose that the competition
specifly that the logo use the OASIS brand.

I do think we need to make at least one change: add the word "compliant"
somewhere on the logo.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--