Subject: Re: FW: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument compliance/conformance--logo

Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> We have one. Didn't you see it? I thought it clear that in terms of IPR,
> ODF belongs to the OASIS. OASIS has a logo (maybe it is not official)
> for ODF. So the OASIS gets to say, "here's the logo", and unless I'm
> misstaken, that's what I've heard.

I'm no expert of the OASIS IPR rules. Maybe someone at OASIS can explain
whether the Adoption TC has any say on a logo for ODF. From what Carol
said I got the impression that the Adoption TC could pick a logo, but
that using the OASIS logo is a good idea. And I agree - not only is it a
good idea, but it's fair because OASIS deserves credit for ODF. So I was
thinking of using the OASIS logo but adding something like "ODF
compliant" or what not.

In any event, it'd be great if someone at OASIS could clarify this.
Maybe I'm just confused.

Best,
Daniel.
--