Subject: Which ODF are we talking about?

Dear friends,

Perhaps late in the discussion:

There is a current ODF. A standard greatly dominated by Sun to bash
Microsoft. The TC is about adoption of the idea of a open document
format. In my mind this forces us to start working with big industry
players (including other OASIS members) to achieve a truly open document
format. To be exact: in my mind any format not supported by the big
players does not need an adoption TC because it will never be widely
adopted.

My personal support on behalf of a couple of big tax administrations
(not only the Netherlands) is in that context only. My government or my
tax administration is currently not supporting or using the present ODF
nor does it have the intention to do so in the near future.

Kind regards,

Harm Jan van Burg
Ministry of Finance
Directorate-General of the Tax and Customs Administration

And chair OASIS tax-xml TC

office + 31  70  342  8522
mobile +31 6 23943759

Ps if this TC feels that ODF adoption has to mean: only promoting this
ODF than -of course- I will not hinder the process of this TC and leave.