Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument logo?

Daniel,

This looks ok to me, but I'd like to hear Carol's view representing OASIS directly. Perhaps a better solution will be to use the logo as prepared by the firm that has executed the treatment you see here: http://www.cafepress.com/oasis_open/622258

Carol, is there an eps and gif version of this treatment for use by ODF Adoption members, and ODF supporters in general?

Carol, I sent a note to Jane earlier regarding this. One question for you, was it intentional to only state OpenDocument, and not OpenDocument Format? I like the shortened version, but was wondering if an OASIS ODF treatment might line up more accurately with all the media coverage the standard has received.

TC members, any preference?

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
tel:1-978-399-7018
Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com

Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera@zmsl.com>

04/24/2006 10:16 AM

odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[odf-adoption] OpenDocument logo?

Hello,

Are we planning to use the OASIS logo as the OpenDocument logo? I know
that Carol liked that idea. I maintain a web page that has OpenDocument
files for download. I just added the OASIS logo:

http://theingots.org/www-next/content.php?page=resources

Is this what we have in mind? Does it look good?

If we want to use the OASIS logo for OpenDocument (and OASIS doesn't
mind) we should try to promote it. If you asked anyone familiar with
OpenDocument what the OpenDocument logo is they'd say "I dunno".

A reasonable first step after deciding the logo is to locate websites
that have OpenDocument downloads and ask them to use the logo. There
aren't many of those yet (OD Fellowship, OD Alliance, OpenOffice, KDE...
I thik I saw some downloads from Linspire and Novell). If people start
using the logo now, it'll be easier to create awareness than if we start
later.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--