Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Promote ODF in Email Signatures

Carol Geyer wrote:
> I would *love* to use something similar,

No harm in trying :)

> We might include some links to all the options for ODF-compliant software,
> to make it clear that ODF is *not* synonymous with OpenOffice.

Very important. Microsoft likes to paint ODF as an OpenOffice thing. The
OpenDocument Fellowship maintains a list of applications including
compatibility information. Our website is currently in flux, we're
designing a new one (the current one is very unusable). But I can show
you a preview:

http://drupal.opendocumentfoundation.org/applications/home

We should be ready to launch in two weeks (maybe just one...).

> If we use product links, we'd have to
> include a disclaimer, "OASIS does not endorse or certify compliance of any of
> the above products...links are provided for informational purposes
> only...readers are encouraged to evaluate all products independently..."

Using the OD Fellowship list would remove any implication of endorsement
from OASIS. And no one is going to sue the OD Fellowship (we have no money).

If you really prefer to use the OASIS website, please feel free to copy
anything useful from the OD Fellowship website, it's all creative
commons. It's taken us a fair bit of time to investigate and/or test all
these applications.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--