Subject: OASIS logo and trademark issues?

Hello,

Earlier we talked about a logo for OpenDocument. Carol Geyer suggested
that we reuse the OASIS logo and I think we sort of agreed on that.

Now I'm talking to someone making "MobileOffice" for handhelds (on the
Symbian OS) and he's asking about icons. So now we're talking about
icons on the OD Fellowship mailing list. I'm suggesting that the icons
take the form of "OASIS logo + something else". The OASIS logo would
denote OpenDocument and the something else the file type.

I have two questions:

* Are there any trademark restrictions on software makers using the
OASIS logo for OpenDocument icons? If there are, it'll be important to
get those sorted.

* Would the Adoption TC be interested in receiving copies of the icons
that are made and putting them on the website? This could be useful in
encouraging others to make similar icons, keeping the OASIS logo.

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org