Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OASIS logo and trademark issues?

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> If you move from Gnome to KDE you will still recognize the PDF icon even
> if they're different. I was thinking that ODF should have the same type
> of recognition. Recognition would help mindshare in the long term.

Another note. Someone just pointed out that if we want free software to
use the OASIS logo for OpenDocument, it'd have to be under a free
(copyright) license of some sort.

That doesn't seem so bad for OASIS, since OASIS would use trademark law
and not copyright law to protect its logo. But I'm no expert.

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org