Subject: FYI: ODF in India

FYI

"Welcoming this initiative and highlighting its importance in Indian IT
Scenario, Chandershekhar, secretary, Ministry of Information &
Technology, Government of India said, "We are glad to note that with
formation of a National ODF alliance, India too would be playing a
pivotal role in spearheading the ODF revolution. Further, considering
the huge potential of eGovernance in the nation as well as the need to
adopt open standards to make our data systems more inter-operable and
independent of any limiting proprietary tools, we feel that ODF is a
great technological leap and a big boon to further propel IT right to
India's grass root levels. I congratulate this initiative of leading
private & public organisations and wish them all the best in this
endeavor.""

http://www.ciol.com/content/search/showarticle1.asp?artid=85632