Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - August 15, 2006 - Minutes

Roll Call
=========

Alan Milnes,            IBM
Erwin Tenhumberg,       Sun Microsystems
David Eisenberg,        OpenDocument Foundation
Alan Clark,             Novell
Martha Mealy,           IBM
Dhananjay Keskar,       Intel
Robert Weir,            IBM
Carol Geyer,            OASIS
Gary Edwards,           OpenDocument Foundation

Minutes
=======

As we did not have a quorum at the beginning of the meeting we were unable
to accept any minutes.

Progress on deliverables
========================

David has been working on an XForms paper and agreed to share it with the
committee.

ODF focus area on xml.org - Erwin had encountered some problems in
uploading html content and was working with Carol to resolve these.  We had
been asked if we could launch the area on 1st September. The feeling was
that it was a good idea to set a date but with so many people absent we
were reluctant to commit on their behalf.  It was suggested that we link to
relevant blogs such as Robert Weir's, there were some technical challenges
round identifying ODF related posts. Erwin would suggest a list of blogs we
should monitor and the committee would review this then Carol would have a
student working with her monitor this on an ongoing basis.

OASIS Adoption Forum, 28-29 November 2006 in London

We discussed having a meeting at this event.  TCs were encouraged to have a
face to face meeting during this forum.

ODF News / Round Table
======================

At the time of public comments on ODF as an ISO standard China raised the
issue of their UOF standard.  It was agreed to explore ways to harmonise
and the UOF Consortia has now formally followed this up with a request to
the ODF TC, this may be being progressed a sub-committee.  A question was
raised regarding translation of ODF to Chinese and UOF to English. There
was some work ongoing on the UOF translation and this was targeted to
complete by 10th September. Erwin would enquire if anyone was willing to
help translate ODF to Chinese.

Gary Edwards reported on some of the discussions at the meta-data
sub-committee on issues working with XLST. This work may help with the
discussions with China on UOF.

Erwin asked for status on formula inter-operability between the various
products. KOffice were having to do some work but Star Office, Open Office
and IBM Workplace looked fine.

Dhananjay reported on progress regarding the ODF Academy day in Dublin. He
also commented on some of the work being done with various ODF translators.

The meeting was adjourned at this stage.

Regards,

Alan Milnes
IT Architect
Outsourcing Infrastructure Solutions
Service Delivery Operations
IT Delivery Operations (UK, Ireland and South Africa)
IBM Global Technology Services, EMEA

Tel: (+44) [0] 7764-660 709 (Mobex: 272952)
Internet: milnea@uk.ibm.com