Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Request for Information

I looked into this issue before.  The ODF 1.0 or 1.1 specification calls for MathML 2.0.  There is no reference in the ODF specification to "Modified W3C MathML".  So, my guess is this is merely an OpenOffice limitation where it supports a subset of MathML.

I've taken MathML generated from other applications, without this "Modified" DOCTYPE, and it parsed correctly in OO.  So it seems to be a convenience, but not a necessity for OO.

Can anyone working with OO confirm this?

-Rob