Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - August 29th 2006 - Minutes

Roll Call
=========

Erwin Tenhumberg,       Sun Microsystems
Don Harbison,           IBM
Martha Mealy,           IBM
Robert Weir,            IBM
Alan Milnes,            IBM
Alan Clark,             Novell
Charles Schulz,         Ars Aperta
Dhananjay Keskar,       Intel
J. David Eisenberg,     ODF Foundation
Gary Edwards,           ODF Foundation

Minutes
=======

Minutes of the meeting on 22nd August were approved.

ODF Focus Area on XML.org
=========================

There was extensive debate on this topic and the following was noted:-

* Carol had uploaded the tables to the site.
* A logo was in the process of being developed.
* It was hoped we could launch the site by 12th September.
* Members of the TC should register as a user then email Carol to get
editorial privileges.
* More testimonials were needed - the higher up in a company the better.
* We need to consider whether we want bios on the editorial page.
* We need to agree the discussion topics and moderators on the Forum, Erwin
to propose an initial list.
* Carol to look at integrating News Feeds as well as blogs.
* Don is finalising his papers which will be OASIS branded, as should all
TC deliverables.

State of California
==================

Martha reported on a positive meeting with the State of California. It is
hoped they will do some testing on the Desktop.

OASIS Event in London
=====================

It was agreed that we would only hold a face to face meeting at this event
if there were some specific agenda items to be addressed.

Open Office Event in Lyon
=========================

Attendance was ahead of the same stage last year. It was explained that
this event was normally held in Europe to ensure maximum attendance of the
Sun development team from Hamburg.

The meeting was adjourned at this stage.

Regards,

Alan Milnes
IT Architect
Outsourcing Infrastructure Solutions
Service Delivery Operations
IT Delivery Operations (UK, Ireland and South Africa)
IBM Global Technology Services, EMEA

Tel: (+44) [0] 7764-660 709 (Mobex: 272952)
Internet: milnea@uk.ibm.com