Subject: Carol's questions on OpenDoc XML.org Knowledge base

Thanks again to Erwin for taking the lead on posting Knowledge base content.
The site is starting to look really good.

I made a few edits that I hope are okay:

1) I moved the information Erwin posted to the Knowledge base for "Related
Projects and Initiatives" to the Resources directory Web sites page
(http://opendocument.xml.org/web-sites). I created a link and a few sentences
of description for each site. This should make it easier to update and expand
on this information. It also allows readers to post comments on each listing,
and lets us track how many people have read them.

2) Assistive technologies: http://opendocument.xml.org/assistive-technologies
-- can we add a few sentences about why assistive technologies are relevant to
ODF or does is that not necessary? Does this information belong in the
Knowledge base or should it be listed within the Resources directory
http://opendocument.xml.org/resources?

3) Open Standards Efforts (http://opendocument.xml.org/node/63) I think we need
a sentence here too describing what this page is about. If it's list of links
to which we want readers to contribute (instead of content controlled by the
Editorial Board), then we should create it as a wiki page or part of the
Resources directory.

4) Do we need Vendor Support (http://opendocument.xml.org/node/58)? Isn't this
covered by the Products/Services Directory and by the Testimonials pages? Also,
a link to the ODF Adoption TC member list isn't strictly *vendor* support, as
many TC members don't represent vendors.

5) I'm concerned the Developer Resources page in the KB
(http://opendocument.xml.org/node/56) will be confused with the Resources
directory http://opendocument.xml.org/resources. I moved each of these links to
the appropriate page within Resources. If you don't object, I'll delete the
"Developer Resources" page from the KB section.

6) At http://books.evc-cit.info/odf_utils/ I notice some links for ODF
Applications. Is this a category we should be providing in our Resources
directory? If yes, should I create a new page for "Applications" or "Utilities"
or would these fit under an existing category?

Thanks,

Carol
Carol Geyer
Director of Communications