Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Carol's questions on OpenDoc XML.org Knowledge base

Erwin,
Thanks for the feedback.

3) I moved the "Open Standard Efforts" content to a wiki page,
http://opendocument.xml.org/open-standards-efforts, so readers can add to it,
and I included your suggested intro paragraph below. Two questions: Are we sure
"Open Standard Efforts" is a descriptive title? I didn't get the idea of
official government adoption from that title (but maybe that's just me). Also,
how is this page different from our "Deployments: Public Sector"
http://opendocument.xml.org/deployments-public-sector page? I presume
"Deployments" features government agencies that are *using* OpenDocument, and
"Open Standards Efforts" lists governments that are recommending or mandating
its use to their constituents or agencies, but I'm not sure. (Again, maybe
that's just me.)

4) I created a new KB page for "Committees" that provides links to the two
OASIS Committees and their charters. It also lists the OASIS Sponsor members
involved and provides links to both Committees' full member rosters. Does this
accomplish what you want with "Vendor Support"?

I hesitate to try to reproduce and maintain a list of ODF Alliance members and
wonder if we include them, why not member lists from other supporting
organizations? We feature links to ODF Alliance (and other orgs) from our
Resources directory, and invite anyone to post a testimonial, deployment, case
study, product listing.

I also created a "Specification" page in the KB, with links to the schema
documents. Please take a look and let me know if this is okay.

Thanks,
Carol