Subject: Comments on the XForms article

I took a read over J. David's essay on XForms and ODF.   This is good material.  Although I was already familiar with the XForms specification and have worked with XForms before, I was not aware of the depth of XForms integration in OpenOffice.org.  So this was a good intro to that.  I'd be interested in hearing how this essay reads to those who are not familiar with XForms.  Does it motivate this sufficiently?  Do you know what XForms is important and why you should care?

Some specific comments:

Document title is "XForms and Open Document", but footer is "XForms and OpenOffice.org".  May want these to be the same, perhaps "XForms and OpenDocument in OpenOffice.org"?

Will the publication format be ODF or HTML?  Would be good to have a link to Appendix A from the first paragraph to ease navigation.

Page 1, 2nd to last paragraph,  suggest: "XForms provides the logical structure"

Page 1, last paragraph, suggest:  "hand it to OpenOffice.org"

Page 1, last paragraph, "OpenOffice.org", not "openoffice.org".  Also, might want to say what version you're using and link to a download page.

Page 8, missing space after 2nd comma in: "for the type of phone, though,OpenOffice.org creates..."

Page 13 is blank.  Bad luck?

Tying it all together, the start of the article talks about club directors filling out the form and then sending you the document which you "run a program to extract the info".  But the example at the end seems to lead to an online form submission.  Is there anyway we can tie these together more?  Where is the program to extract the info?

Regards,

-Rob