Subject: ODF and PHP

I'm sorry that I don't have more time today to properly introduce myself to the list.  I was invited by Mark Withington to speak at the BostonPHP meeting in Jan. -- and so I wanted to share some of the ideas and resources that I found regarding ODF adoption (with a focus on PHP).

Here are some of the current projects that I'm aware of on Sourceforge/PEAR/Tigris.org or elsewhere.  I don't have a presentation ready yet, but these are areas I'm exploring.

the OpenDocument proposal to create a PEAR package that reads and writes ODT
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=439
unanimous vote in favor of accepting and beginning work on this package
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-votes-show.php?id=439
the project has not released any files yet
http://pear.php.net/package/OpenDocument

This online book and website by J. David Eisenberg is full of
essentials to get the most out of OpenOffice
http://books.evc-cit.info/

The OpenDocumentPHP project started by Norman Markgraf is the one
which provides a PHP library to manipulate ODT and even convert to
MediaWiki format http://opendocumentphp.sourceforge.net/  He has a
junior developer from London now working on the project with him

The DocBook2OpenDocument project is impressive and seemingly mature.
http://open.comsultia.com/docbook2odf/

Greg

--
Gregory S. Rundlett
Manager, Technology Services

Register for OASIS Adoption Forum:
"Managing Secure Interactions in Sector Applications"
28-29 Nov 2006, London
www.oasis-open.org/events/adoptionforum/