Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Interopvendoralliance

Interesting quote from:  http://rcpmag.com/blogs/weblog.aspx?blog=358

"But there might be more to it than that. After all, there’s always somebody complaining about how Microsoft’s systems are proprietary and how the company ignores open standards, which is often largely true. Well, with this new vendor alliance, Microsoft can bypass all that standards mess. The message here from our friends in Redmond is simple: Forget open standards, and let us set the standard. It’s pretty much happening, anyway, so why not formalize the deal with a new "alliance" that will probably end up looking a lot like a de facto standards body and have the advantage of making Microsoft look magnanimous toward its partners and competitors? Again, this is why Redmond rules the world."

Keep in mind that Redmond Channel Partner is a Microsoft-friendly site.  If they think this, then I can only imagine what the conspiracy nuts think...

-Rob