Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - November 14th 2006 - Minutes

To fork this thread...the ODF Accessibility coding contest targeting university students web site is here:
http://www-306.ibm.com/able/contest/

US/Canada and China students are very active and many have gone thru the education (& won a t-shirt) and 50+ are writing the code and competing for the
iPods, ThinkPads and trips to CSUN.

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
tel:1-978-399-7018
Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com

Louis Suarez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com>

11/17/2006 10:20 AM

donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
cc
Alan Milnes <MILNEA@uk.ibm.com>, odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - November 14th 2006 - Minutes

Hi
On 2006-11-17, at 09:57 , donald_harbison@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Louis,
>
> Yes, I volunteered to work on this. Erwin was not able to attend
> the call, but he may also want to join our mini-editorial committee
> on this effort.

Yes.

> An outline needs to be established first, in my opinion. From that
> point we can each take a section and build a 'frankenstein' draft.
> Once at that point, it will probably be necessary for one person to
> take the lead to establish a unified editorial style, with the
> others concurring.
>
> Does this approach make sense?

Yes. Thanks; the point though is who will do the initial work; you
had volunteered, which is fine by me, but if you like I can do the
outline first and send it out by next meeting, Tuesday.

Meanwhile, to rupture thread logic... would you have the links to the
IBM competition material?

> Don Harbison
> Program Director

Thanks