Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Major ODF operation in France

Is the official notice posted anywhere online?

It would be great to add your summary below with a link to the official notice
to http://opendocument.xml.org/news.

--carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles-H.Schulz [mailto:charles-h.schulz@arsaperta.com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 9:27 AM
To: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odf-adoption] Major ODF operation in France

Hello all,

The "Region Ile de France" (our capital city region, counting Paris and
around 12 million inhabitants) will distribute 175 thousands USB keys
with Openoffice.org, Firefox, thunderbird and other open source
software  to the highschool students of the region. OpenOffice.org will
be installed in every highschools and allow the students to use the same
software at school and at home. Beyond the promotional impact of this
operation, it is considered -at least by my contacts at the region- as a
major step forward for ODF in France.

See the official PR (in french) attached to this message.

Regards,

--
Charles-H.Schulz,
Associé / Associate,