Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] A single page to track ODF adoption

I maintain a page on ODF government adoption decisions at
<http://www.opendocumentfellowship.org/node/91>. To my knowledge, it's
the most comprehensive tracker for that information. I try to
amalgamate the information from all sites that track such information
when I do my major updates.

I would like to move that project to OpenDocument.xml.org, but cannot
at present because the xml.org instance of Drupal needs requested
configuration work that hasn't happened yet. (You'll notice lots of
in-page links. I maintain the page in an outliner, export to HTML,
then cut and paste to the Fellowship Drupal rather than generating the
huge number of links using the crippled WYSIWYG editor used in the
xml.org Drupal, which makes such a project infeasible.)

The sheer number of government adoption decisions is approaching the
point where a relational database/web submission form/database search
combination might be more user friendly than just web pages. There are
similar problems with the sheer numbers of apps supporting ODF. See
e.g., <http://www.opendocumentfellowship.org/applications>.

Other sites that track such information:

<http://opendocument.xml.org/deployments>

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Market_Share_Analysis>.

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument_adoption>.