Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - 22 May 2007 - Minutes

Here are my notes from today's meeting.

Best regards,
Erwin

Logistics
=========

Attendees
---------
Louis Suarez-Potts
Don Harbison
Alan Clark
Charles Schulz
Erwin Tenhumberg

We achieved a quorum.
The attendees were not aware of any minutes that still needed to get approved.

The next meeting is planned for NEXT Tuesday!!!
Don will be the host.

Update on deliverables
======================

Recruiting new active ODF Adoption TC members
Louis has talked to a few people in China and India who might be interested.
We potentially could have alternating times, so that people from India could
join as well.
Jomar Silva from Brazil might be interested as well.
We should also reach out to companies like

- Alfresco
- Google
- HANsoft/ThinkFree
- Totvs

Marino Marcich from the ODF Alliance might have some ideas as well.

Updating / re-designing opendocument.xml.org
opendocument.xml.org currently looks poor, i.e. is outdated.
We should put opendocument.xml.org on our calendars to frequently add news.

Erwin is in contact with Carol regarding a blog aggregation / planet.
The attendees of today's call agreed that we should remove / deactivate the
forums on opendocument.xml.org for now.

Erwin is planning to try ODF-related podcasts.
Rob Weir would be a good candidate for a first podcast.

Louis and Erwin distribute multiple links if people ask for information
about ODF.
Why can't we just send out the opendocument.xml.org URL?
What information is missing on opendocument.xml.org?

Creating an ODF developer white paper
-------------------------------------
An ODF developer white paper seems useful, but documentation about conformance
and interoperability might be more important.

Events
======

ODF day at OOoCon 2007
The plan is still to have an ODF day at the OpenOffice.org Conference 2007
where key ODF topics can be discussed and worked on. However, final "agreement"
and "approval" by the larger conference team is still outstanding.

The main ODF day would be on September 19th, i.e. on day 1 of the conference.
On September 21st there would be ODF presentations about the adoption and
implementation of ODF for half a day.
There will be community meetings on September 18th, i.e. day 0.