Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 22 May 2007 - Minutes

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 05:24:47 donald_harbison@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I agree with you, although that means I am reversing my view as
> expressed on today's ODF Adoption TC call. (btw, is it possible for you
> to join us?). One of the challenges we have is the requirement to
> expand participation at OASIS for ODF Adoption. We welcome your energy
> and experience.

Thank you for the kind words,
at this time I'm "in flux" as I'm my affiliation with OAsis is uncertain
at this time due to me currently being allowed to participate via the
OD-Foundation.

I do think that first and foremost the adoption TC (and oasis since its
their site) needs to have a resolution on where to place the site in the
ODF universe and to have a coherent vision for it.
After the adoption TC agrees on that, we should place it on a page on the
site so we can always state that new features or worried users can look
at it to reassure what we intend to do and (more importantly) what we
won't do.

This focuses our (limited) energy onto the things we as a group think is
important. And therefore lifting its success changes quite a bit.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature