Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] RE: need confirmation on ODF Camp

Hi Louis and Dieter,
I think these are both great ideas but slightly different, which is good.

Louis,
I think your camp concept is terrific and can easily be coordinated through
the Adoption TC with you as a lead. Since there will be no presentations, it
seems to me that as long as you secure the space, you will be set. OASIS can
promote the 'ODF Camp' in the same manner we always do (posting to event
page, OASIS News, etc.) So, as soon as you have a written description
inviting participants, we can move forward with various postings.

Dieter,
I think your concept will take longer to execute properly, so we might think
about late in 2007 or 2008. During the last Adoption call we tossed around
the idea of a stand alone ODF event (one or two days), that can either
co-locate with another conference or act as a stand alone that could
possibly be hosted at a member facility in various locations. Once you put
this type of effort together it is easy to duplicate in different locations.
I would like each member to consider hosting such an event and/or suggest an
event/conference that would an appropriate venue for 'ODF Day(s).' I think
an Asian venue would be interesting, any thoughts? I would like to see how
much interest we have for this before we commit a lot of cycles. I think it
is a great idea, and ODF is gaining tremendous speed but I will need the
support of the Adoption TC.

Thanks so much!
Dee