Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 5 June 2007 - Agenda

I have a webinar this morning, so I cannot make this call. Please let me know if you decide that there is anything I can do to support your final decision.

Within OASIS, I organize all the InterOps, webinars, showcase demos and also help with member speaker selection as well as general member support. I am willing to help in any way that I can.

Best,

Dee

From: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com [mailto:donald_harbison@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:10 AM
To: Erwin Tenhumberg
Cc: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

Erwin,

I will own up to the fact that as I chaired last week's call, my note-taking was not up to par. We did spend a fair amount of time discussing the ODF Camp concept at this year's OpenOffice.org Conference. There are still open issues associated with this, so I am happy to see you include it on the agenda.

Also, I suggest we need to have a more precise discussion on the plan to increase the level of technical articles focused on the topics of ODF interoperability and ODF programmability.

I also agree with a comment Thomas Zander made in one of the threads:

"I can see the attraction of doing it <ODF Camp> as OOocon, but I have to note that
currently the 'other' implementations are fighting the incorrect meme
that OOo == ODF.
"

This comment reflects on perhaps some of the tension regarding having an 'ODF Camp' scheduled side-by-side with OpenOffice.org...one of the applications (and arguably, the 'father' of  ODF). I think we all agree that encouraging a multitude of ODF implementations best serves the industry and users while also ensuring the ongoing vitality of ODF stewardship at OASIS.

best regards,

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
tel:1-978-399-7018
Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com

Erwin Tenhumberg <Erwin.Tenhumberg@Sun.COM>

odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

06/05/2007 07:32 AM

[odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 5 June 2007 - Agenda

Dear ODF Adoption TC members,

If I'm not mistaken, we recently moved back to a weekly
schedule. Thus, below is the tentative agenda for today's
ODF Adoption TC call.

I think no note/minutes were sent out after last week's
call. Thus, I'm not sure what to follow-up on. Therefore,
please let me know if you'd like to see anything added!

Proposed Agenda
===============

1.) Logistics
    - Roll call
    - Acceptance of open minutes from previous meetings
    - Acceptance of today's agenda

2.) Update on deliverables

    - Updating / re-designing opendocument.xml.org
    - ODF day at OOoCon 2007

3.) Events

    - What events are coming up?

4.) ODF News / Round Table

    - ODF / open standards adoption in various countries

Dial-in Information

Time:  10:00am - 11:00pm ET (7am - 8am PT, 3pm - 4pm CET)

Event Description:
ODF Adoption TC Weekly Meeting
Toll-free dial-in:             1-877-421-0023
Toll/International  dial-in:   1-770-615-1382
Tie-line dial-in:                    421-0023
* Participant Pin access code: 262596

Best regards,
Erwin