Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Restricting rights on opendocument.xml.org

I agree, we should add a new class of user with blog privileges. This will not
only cut spam, it will help us be sure people are using Blogs for real blogs
and not for questions (that should be posted to the Forums), news (which should
be posted at News), or other non-blog posts.

How should we moderate who is granted Blogger privileges? Do we a) grant it to
anyone who requests it, and revoke it if abused or b) let the Committee review
and approve applicants?  I vote for (a).

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles-H. Schulz [mailto:charles-h.schulz@arsaperta.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:15 PM
To: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.or

Hello Paul,

thank you for the tip. Yes, I think we should go along what you
describe. I'd like to have Jane Harnad's point of view of that.
This way, we would still be allowing "genuine" people to post and not
just blockading the web site, a situation I too was finding unfortunate.

Best,
Charles.

--
Charles-H. Schulz,