Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Article for new OpenOffice Magazine

On 10/15/07, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org> wrote:
> The editor of a new hardcopy publication, OpenOffice Magazine, has requested a
> 2,000-word article on OpenDocument from the ODF Adoption Committee. The article
> should be aimed at every day users and cover what ODF means to them and what
> benefits they get from using an open document format as opposed to other
> formats.
>
> Is the Committee interested in providing this?

I think we should do this, but maybe ask if we can retain the right to also
publish it online (e.g. with a 30 days delay after the publication of the
hardcopy magazine), so we can re-use it for general promotion of the ODF
advantage.

I would be willing to co-author (particularly if it can be freely reused, e.g.
after a 30 day lock-up).

Peter