Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Re: [odf-camp] Re: ODF Interoperability Camp Follow-up

Is the goal to discuss implementation issues with the entire community or to
plan a specific Interoperability demonstration event (or series of events) with
a group of participants?

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:14 AM
To: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

Peter is correct..  We were looking for something public, as allowed by OASIS
Mailing List Guidelines and Policies
(http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php
<http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php> )

There is explicitly defined an allowance for: "-dev lists to encourage open
dialogue on implementing an OASIS Standard or specification; "

When I think of an interop mailing list I think of it as being a focused
version of a "-dev" mailing list.

Can we get that set up?

-Rob

"Peter Vandenabeele" <peter@vandenabeele.com>
Sent by: peter.vandenabeele.be@gmail.com

11/01/2007 09:49 AM
Please respond to
peter@vandenabeele.com

donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
cc
robert_weir@us.ibm.com, "Alan Clark" <ACLARK@novell.com>, "Eduardo Gutentag"
<Eduardo.Gutentag@sun.com>, "David Faure" <faure@kde.org>, "Florian Reuter"
<freuter@novell.com>, "Jeremy Allison" <jra@google.com>, "Louis Suarez-Potts"
<Louis.Suarez-Potts@sun.com>, mayue@cn.ibm.com, msk@cn.ibm.com,
odf-camp@marketing.openoffice.org, "Oliver-Rainer Wittmann"
<Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@sun.com>, "Peter Junge" <peterjunge@ch2000.com.cn>,
sept-solutions.de@lotus.com, speeno@haansoft.com, "Zaheda Bhorat"
<zaheda@google.com>, "Dee Schur" <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, "Carol Geyer"
<carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>, charles-h.schulz@arsaperta.com, "Erwin
Tenhumberg" <Erwin.Tenhumberg@sun.com>
Subject
Re: [odf-camp] Re: ODF Interoperability Camp Follow-up

On Oct 2, 2007 3:21 PM,  <donald_harbison@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> We had a very small attendance today for the ODF Adoption TC. Just myself,
> Alan Clark (Novell), Charles Schulz, and Louis Suarez-Potts. We did discuss
> the need to sponsor a 'home base' for the ODF Interop topic. I like your
> suggestion below re. using OASIS mail list. I'll request that we establish
> an 'odf-interop' mail list to carry on discussions and in order to reach
> beyond the paying membership of OASIS to increase participation.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not sure that this request is served as intended by the 2 new OASIS
mailing lists that state:

[public reference on http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/odf-adoption/
<http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/odf-adoption/>
is not yet visible,
so I quote here]

Dee Schur wrote on Nov 1, 2007
> Two lists have been created for the ODF InterOp Demonstration discussion -
these lists
> are to be used by the ODF Adoption Interoperability Demonstration
marketing/PR
> subscribers. I will moderate the lists, so that new subscription requests
will come to me.
> These lists are for OASIS members-only.

HTH,

Peter