Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Wiki page on ODF and CDF

All great ideas. I've sent your password separately. Please feel free to add
the information you describe below.

Keep in mind too that you can always add "stubs" for pages that you think we
need even if you don't have time to post content. Just add [[page title]] to
the wiki outline http://opendocument.xml.org/wiki. The page title will appear
in red until the actual page is created (then the link will change to blue).
You can see how this works at http://bpel.xml.org/wiki.

I see your point about not wanting to call CDF a related spec. Still, don't you
think we should have a page on the wiki that briefly explains what CDF is and
why it's not an ODF alternative, just to set the record straight? If not a wiki
page, then at least a Q&A at http://opendocument.xml.org/faq-forum.

--carol

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 1:44 PM
To: Carol Geyer
Cc: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

I like the idea of highlighting related specifications, but off hand I think
the case for CDF as being "related" is weak.

But we could look at:

Standards that ODF uses:  Dublin Core Metadata, XLS:FO, XPath, XForms, MathML,
RDF, etc.

Standards that reuse parts of ODF:  IDPF's Open Container Format (OPC)

Standards that ODF is typically transformed into:  PDF, PDF/A, XHTML, OOXML,
CDF (?)

Standards that are typically transformed into ODF:  OOXML, XHTML

But the more interesting thing in my mind, and perhaps the more powerful, is
how ODF relates to DITA.

Btw, Carol, what is my login for the OpenDocument.xml.org web site?  I thought
I was able edit the site once.  My OASIS login doesn't work.

-Rob

<http://opendocument.xml.org/wiki>  on