Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Is there an official ODF logo? Proposal included!

Erwin,

I really like the RedHat dove logo and second the one on the wikipage.

 I wanted to see the Dove and ODF  as a logo on T-shirts/buttons and
stickers on laptops.  I felt it put a different energy behind this
effort which is needed. It also conveys freedom in the image, along with
a document.

As the adoption TC, if we are targeting users a logo with energy behind
it would be more appropriate.

My vote would be in the following order.
1.  http://www.spreadopendocument.org/
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/07/25/spread-the-word-share-this-odf-artwork/

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

3. http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/resource/ODF_blue_200-n.png
This logo is nice and crisp and clean, but maybe a little too corporate
looking. It doesn't doesn't convey the 'open' aspect of this standard as
well as the first image does.  I don't get any emotional attachment to
it as I did the logo with the dove.
The reaction I received when I wear the button with the dove logo has
been very positive. People have asked me where they can get the button.

Just my 2 cents.   :-)

Zaheda