Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] First draft of an outline for the ODF ISV whitepaper

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> For "promotional channels" you might mention conferences like
> OpenOffice.org (via sponsorship) or Lotusphere.

Good point!

> For Development tools, maybe the 'OpenDocument Essentials' book
>  (http://books.evc-cit.info/)

Yes, definitely!

> We should also have links to the ODF TC and Adoption TC's home page.

Again, good point!

> Also we do have the ability to create an ODF developers mailing list.
>  It is common to have a users and a dev mailing list.  We currently have
> only a users list.  We could also direct them to the forums on our
> xml.org web site.

Hmm, very good idea. The only question is, who could join that list
in order to answer technical questions? I'm probably not technical
enough to answer questions by people who are implementing ODF in
all kinds of languages on all kinds of platforms.

All the best,
Erwin