Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] First draft of an outline for the ODF ISV whitepaper

J David Eisenberg wrote:
> Patrick Durusau asked me about an update to the book. I may be able to
> start on it during semester break (Dec 23 onwards.)

Great!

Maybe you / we could break out chapters and start a discussion forum
per chapter on opendocument.xml.org in order to

a) collect input and feedback
b) make opendocument.xml.org more interesting

> I need to get up to date on the changes from 1.0 to 1.2, and would
> like input on changes you'd like to see in the book.

Hmm, we probably should think about scenarios how ISV's could use and
integrate ODF in their applications, e.g. document generation and
conversion as well as workflow and web services integration. In this
context the new metadata stuff will probably play an important role.

In addition, it would be nice if the book could take a look at
available and emerging tools like the existing Perl module on CPAN
and the upcoming ODF Toolkit. DataDirect XQuery might fit in as well.

Maybe Marino could invite the 480+ ODF Alliance members to provide
input and ideas regarding what they would like to see in an updated
version of your book.

Erwin