Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 18 December 2007 - Minutes - First meeting in 2008 on January 15th!

FYI, I added a News item on OpenDocument XML.org for the Wikipedia
announcement. I also added one for InfoWorld's coverage of the ODF Alliance
2007 update.

Please don't hesitate to post news like this on opendocument.xml.org whenever
you're aware of something. It really takes less than two minutes to do.

Thanks,
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Erwin.Tenhumberg@Sun.COM [mailto:Erwin.Tenhumberg@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:48 AM
To: 'odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.or'
Subject: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 18 December 2007 - Minutes -
First meeting in 2008 on January 15th!

Dear TC members,

Here are the minutes from our last call. Just as a reminder, the first
meeting of the OASIS ODF Adoption TC in 2008 will be on January 15th.

Best regards,
Erwin

Attendees
=========
* Erwin Tenhumberg
* Don Harbison
* J. David Eisenberg
* Louis Suarez-Potts
* Marino Marcich
* Rob Weir
* Alan Clark

We achieved a quorum.

ODF 1.2 Collateral Plan
=======================
No news on the ODF 1.2 collateral plan

ODF Logo
========
J. David sent out a document that he wants to use with schools.

ISV Outreach
============
Erwin got in touch with the Wikimedia Foundation about their
planned ODF support for Wikipedia.
Erwin also contacted people responsible for Abiword and the OLPC.

ODF Interop Plan
================
No real news regarding the ODF interop plan.
There will probably be no progress until January.
The main line TC received an ODF 1.0 defect report.

ODF Focus Area / opendocument.xml.org
=====================================
Rob suggested a relaunch of the site incl.
- ISV white paper
- ODF interop content
- Developer discussions
- Status reports from TC's and SC's
- ODF 1.2 collateral
- ODF logo launch

Tentative Date: February 15, 2008

Upcoming Events
===============
Erwin will present at Open Source Meets Business conference by Heise.

Events to keep on the radar:
- OpenOffice.org Conference 2008
- Open Standards 2008 OASIS Symposium, Santa Clara, CA, 28 April - 1 May
- Belisage, Montreal, Canada, August (XML, ...)

ODF News / Round Table
The first meeting of the OASIS ODF Adoption TC in 2008 will be on
January 15th.

New York State issues a Request For Public Comments regarding the usage
of document formats.

Hansoft has announced support for ODF and OOXML.

IBM will make some announcements at LotusSphere in January.