Subject: New ODF Logo Proposals

Hello Carol,
Dear TC members,

I discussed the different logo requirements and ideas with one of our
inhouse designers. It is no secret that I, like a few others, have my
problems with the dove symbol. However, independent of my concerns,
our designer could not come up with an appealing looking design that
combined the OASIS bug and the dove.

Therefore, I'd like to propose the following logo variants for serious
consideration as the official ODF logo:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26770/ODF_220-02c.png
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26771/ODF_220-03a.png
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26772/ODF_220-05.png

 From my point of view the advantages are:

* Seamless integration of the OASIS bug

* Integration of our very well known acronym "ODF" which almost has
   become a logo in itself

* Possible usage for desktop icons which is probably the most frequently
   used marketing / advertisement space, i.e. it's where most people know
   the PDF or Firefox logo from

* Visualization of what ODF is, i.e. a document format

* Highlighting the XML nature via the brackets

What do you think about the proposals?
Please let me know if you like one of the logo proposals!

Thank you very much and best regards,
Erwin