Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 May 2008 - Agenda

I might not be able to attend today's call, at least not until the end.
Therefore, I asked Don to host today's call again who fortunately agreed.

> 2.) Erwin Tenhumberg resignation

I wanted to tell everybody either on the call or in a more formal note,
but since the news are out, let me make a few comments.

I contacted Don and Carol yesterday in order to check what the official
process is for electing / defining a new co-chair as I decided to leave
Sun at the end of June in order to pursue a new interesting career
opportunity.

I'd like to propose Louis Suarez-Potts as a replacement for me who would
be willing to step in. I think Louis would be a great candidate as he is
very close to the larger ODF and OpenOffice.org community. In addition,
he has already been a member of the ODF Adoption TC for a quite a while
now and (as far as I recall) was the initiator of last year's ODF camp
which was led by Rob Weir. Finally, he is - like me - in close touch
with Sun's ODF/OpenOffice.org experts in Hamburg.

I guess Carol will be able to tell us what the official OASIS rules /
processes look like, i.e. what steps need to be taken. Carol?

I'm proud of the achievements of the larger ODF community. Thank you
very much to all who helped to get ODF where it is today! It was a lot
of fun working with you all! I'll definitely continue paying attention
to the progress ODF makes going forward!

All the best,
Erwin