Subject: Fw: ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 May 2008: Minutes

Please see below for my brief 'minutes' of the May 27th meeting.  I precede the minutes with a double asterisk as in **.

/don

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
tel:1-978-399-7018
Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Donald Harbison/Cambridge/IBM on 06/10/2008 09:49 AM -----
From: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
To: "odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.or" <odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 05/27/2008 07:53 AM
Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 May 2008: Minutes

Attendees: Charles Schulz, Don Harbison, J.D. Eisenberg, Bart Hanssens, Marino Marcich, Aslam Raffee, Louis Suarez-Potts, Erwin Tenhumberg, Rob Weir.

Proposed Agenda
===============

1.) Logistics

   - Roll call

   - Acceptance of open minutes from previous meetings

   - Acceptance of today's agenda

2.) Erwin Tenhumberg resignation

** We learned that Erwin is resigning his position with Sun and joining SAP to lead their open source marketing activities and programs. As such Erwin will be resigning his post as co-Chair of the ODF Adoption TC. The TC thanked Erwin for his many contributions and hard work. We all wish him the best of luck as he moves onwards with his career.

** Don will research the OASIS procedures for filling a vacancy of chair and report back to the TC at the next meeting.
3.) Action Items

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems

** Don has a draft of the ODF translations but it still must be corroborated before posting.

** Don will take on the open action to identify a new conference call service from Erwin.

4.) ODF Logo
** Carol Geyer joined the call and recommended we move ahead with the two logo treatments that combine the OASIS logo. Not all were satisfied with this recommendation, but it is the best compromise.

5.) Upcoming Events

   - OpenOffice.org Conference 2008 -- Call for Papers

** There is an 'ODF Track' at this year's OpenOfffice.org Conference in Beijing. The TC will make recommendations for goals of the track, but the speakers will need to present their proposals to the OO.o Con committee for consideration and acceptance.

** There is an upcoming XML technology workshop scheduled for the week of June 16 - 20 in S.Africa. Aslam Raffee will provide further details at next week's meeting.
    - XML 2008
   - Other?

6.) ODF News / Round Table

Regards,