Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Fw: ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 May 2008: Minutes

Hi,

On 2008-06-10, at 09:52 , donald_harbison@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Please see below for my brief 'minutes' of the May 27th meeting.  I
> precede the minutes with a double asterisk as in **.

Thanks! Are the minutes for 10 June available?

> /don

-louis

> Don Harbison
> Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
> Business & Technical Strategy
> IBM Software Group
> tel:1-978-399-7018
> Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
> email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
>

> ----- Forwarded by Donald Harbison/Cambridge/IBM on 06/10/2008 09:49
> AM -----
> From:
> donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
> To:
> "odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.or" <odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org>
> Date:
> 05/27/2008 07:53 AM
> Subject:
> ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 May 2008: Minutes
>

> Attendees: Charles Schulz, Don Harbison, J.D. Eisenberg, Bart
> Hanssens, Marino Marcich, Aslam Raffee, Louis Suarez-Potts, Erwin
> Tenhumberg, Rob Weir.
>
> Proposed Agenda
> ===============
>
> 1.) Logistics
>    - Roll call
>    - Acceptance of open minutes from previous meetings
>    - Acceptance of today's agenda
>
> 2.) Erwin Tenhumberg resignation
>
> ** We learned that Erwin is resigning his position with Sun and
> joining SAP to lead their open source marketing activities and
> programs. As such Erwin will be resigning his post as co-Chair of
> the ODF Adoption TC. The TC thanked Erwin for his many contributions
> and hard work. We all wish him the best of luck as he moves onwards
> with his career.
>
> ** Don will research the OASIS procedures for filling a vacancy of
> chair and report back to the TC at the next meeting.
> 3.) Action Items
>
>    http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems
>
> ** Don has a draft of the ODF translations but it still must be
> corroborated before posting.
> ** Don will take on the open action to identify a new conference
> call service from Erwin.
>
> 4.) ODF Logo
> ** Carol Geyer joined the call and recommended we move ahead with
> the two logo treatments that combine the OASIS logo. Not all were
> satisfied with this recommendation, but it is the best compromise.
>

> 5.) Upcoming Events
>    - OpenOffice.org Conference 2008 -- Call for Papers
>
> ** There is an 'ODF Track' at this year's OpenOfffice.org Conference
> in Beijing. The TC will make recommendations for goals of the track,
> but the speakers will need to present their proposals to the OO.o
> Con committee for consideration and acceptance.

I think we also need to consider foci for this ODF track, if we want
to do it that way; and to clarify that this track need not be
equivalent to and ODF camp. One is a series of talks (the track) and
the other a workshop, or ought to be, on a particular task or set of
tasks.