Subject: Draft OOoCon Proposal

Call for Papers is here:  http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2008/cfp/

The submission is via an online form.

Here is a draft of our proposed submission.  Note that the detail level is rather thin.  We could leave it at this level, or expand each topic into a short paragraph.  But even if we leave it brief, I think we need to beef it up a little.

Title of your Paper:   ODF Interoperability: Perspectives

Session description:

Through a series of short presentations and a panel discussion members of OASIS ODF Adoption TC will examine ODF interoperability from several perspectives, including the view from a government deployment in Belgium, an introduction to a new interoperability initiative in OASIS and reports on other interoperability initiatives from vendors working with ODF.

Participants:

Rob Weir, IBM
Bart Hanssens, FEDICT
Florian Reuter, Novell
?????, Google
?????, Microsoft

Panel Moderator:  ?????

Target Audience: General, User, Developer

Proposed Track: OpenDocument Format

Preferred Session type: Panel Discussion

Also, for each participant they will want a short bio, a URL to your blog or home page, title, company. email address, postal address, contact phone number, whether you wish to be considered for a bursary, and reason for requesting a bursary.

However, the form does not really accommodate a multi-person submission and it tries to mix paper submission, bursaries and registration into one form.  So we will probably need to contact the organizers and submit some of this additional information via email.

-Rob