Subject: Draft OOoCon Proposal, version 0.2

Here is an updated draft, including comments received so far.

Still waiting for word from Michael on whether Sun would like to contribute a short presentation to this session and/or provide someone to sit on the panel.  Maybe Eduardo?

Alan, maybe this is complete enough to pass on to Microsoft?  Although we don't have the details yet, you might mention that we'll also be having a full-day, intense, hands-on interoperability workshop at the conference, so they would not be making the trip only for the discussion panel.

Note that there does not need to be a 1-to-1 correspondence between presenters and panelists.  Although I'd expect all presenters to be panelists, we may have some panelists who are not presenting.  And it is possible for the moderator as well to give a short presentation.  In fact, a nice form for such events would be for the moderator to give an introductory presentation that gives an outline of what will follow.

-Rob

Title of your Paper:   ODF Interoperability: Perspectives

Session description:

Through a series of short presentations and a panel discussion, members of the OASIS ODF TC and OASIS ODF Adoption TC will host a discussion of ODF interoperability from several perspectives, including the view from a government deployment in Belgium (using OpenOffice.org and MS-Office with  plugins), an introduction to the new ODF interoperability initiative in OASIS and reports on other interoperability initiatives from major vendors and service providers working with and committed to ODF.

Participants:

Rob Weir, IBM
Bart Hanssens, FEDICT
Florian Reuter, Novell
Jeremy Allison, Google
?????, Microsoft

Panel Moderator:  (Bart Hanssens or Alsam Raffee ???)

Target Audience: General, Users, Developers, Decision Makers

Proposed Track: OpenDocument Format

Preferred Session type: Panel Discussion