Subject: ODF Camp

Dear TC members,

I'm not sure whether or not it is currently planed that the main topic
of the ODF workshop/camp is interoperability, but if that's not the
case, then I would like to make some suggestions for topics we may cover
additionally:

One topic we may cover additionally are ODF toolkits. My impression is
that there currently is a very strong interest in this topic, and that
there are also a lot of projects in this area. The benefit that I see in
adding this topic is that we can show that ODF is not only about office
applications, but that where are other areas where people can contribute
to an ODF eco system. We in particular can provide guidance to all those
who want to develop ODF support in or for other products, but do not
need OpenOffice.org or another ODF desktop application for this. I could
for instance imagine that this topic is of interest for people who want
to integrate ODF into non-office-application products, like CMS, and are
looking for ways how to do that.

In general, I think that the more topics we cover at the ODF camp, the
more people may actually be interested in attending. Additionally, I
think it is easier for people to attend to lets say 2 or three hour
slots than to an all-day event. Therefore I could imagine that we add
additional topics to the agenda of the ODF camp. One of these topics may
be processing of ODF documents with XSLT.

Best regards

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS