Subject: Fw: [odf-adoption] ODF Adoption TC Call - 22 July 2008 - Agenda-DraftMinutes

Minutes of our July 22nd TC call with thanks to Marino.

Agenda for our August 12th call to follow.

/don

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy
IBM Software Group
tel:1-978-399-7018
Mobile: +1-978-761-0116
email: donald_harbison@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Donald Harbison/Cambridge/IBM on 08/11/2008 01:27 PM -----
From: "Marino Marcich" <mmarcich@odfalliance.org>
To: <donald_harbison@us.ibm.com>
Date: 07/29/2008 07:46 AM

1.) Logistics
  - Roll call

Quorum - Zaheda Bhorat (Google), Meredith Whitaker (Google), Don Harbison (IBM), Rob Weir (IBM), Louis Suarez-Potts (Sun), Alan Clark (Novell), Bart Hanssens (Fedict, Belgium), Marino Marcich (ODF Alliance). It was noted that the international toll-free dial-in service did not function, preventing some members of the TC from participating in the call.

  - Acceptance of open minutes from previous meetings
. See  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odf-adoption/email/archives/200807/msg00005.html
Minutes approved.

  - Acceptance of today's agenda

Agenda approved.

2) Review draft Charter for proposed  'ODF Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance TC'  (OIIC TC)
 - Rob Weir
Rob Weir reviewed the current status of the draft charter. Written feedback was encouraged as soon as possible so that the charter could be finalized. Outreach to other organizations and companies (e.g., Apple, Corel, Evermore) was also encouraged. To proceed to the next step, the participation of 5 members of OASIS from 3 member organizations was needed. OASIS will then inform us whether we have satisfied the necessary requirements. There follows a public comment period. It was emphasized that the TC will not be rating or certifying implementations or producing software.

The Chair proposed to hold the next call on Aug 12th instead of Aug 5th.

3.) OpenOffice.org -- ODF Track ...next steps -- Louis Suarez-Potts
For discussion during the next call.

4.) Action Items Review and Update

For discussion during next call.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems

-- decide on key deliverables for 2H/2008.
Add to Action Items and track to completion.

5.) ODF News / Round Table
 -- All
For discussion during call.