Subject: Education for ODF

Let's discuss ways to get ODF taught in schools, including vocational
and post-secondary; fancy schools, too. Focusing on ODF allows us all
to work together here and will vastly simplify adoption of the format.

The model I want to pursue is the one devised by Seneca College here
in Toronto. Mozilla, Red Hat (Fedora) have invested in it and the
results have been excellent. Students have come out able to (and
doing) extensions to Mozilla and also work on Linux. OpenOffice.org is
now working with Seneca and we will see what happens, but I am
optimistic.

What we would need:

* basic information about ODF
* basic *technological* information
* basic to-dos, of the sort that students of various levels can manage
in a semester (3-4 months)
* mentors, either in person or remote, ie, via video, recorded or live

thanks
louis