Subject: ODF Interop Workshop

Here is a rough idea of how the Workshop could go.

In general I see it as alternating hands-on exercises with some
presentation/discussion segments.

Time slots would be aligned with the same 45 minute segments as the main
conference, to facilitate those who need to attend other sessions.
Similarly, the break and lunch times would be aligned.  Although we could
conceivably go until 7pm, I suggest we end at 6pm, so that those who wish
to attend the OOo Community Council Q&A may do so.

For the Introduction, we could either have me do the whole thing, or have
me do the Intro and Review of the Agenda, and then hand off to someone
else for an introductory presentation.  This is a good place to put an
experienced-based talk about a real deployment.  So, something from
Belgium or South Africa would fit well here.  Otherwise, you'll be
listening to me.

The spreadsheet exercise would be around spreadsheet formulas, using the
test cases developed during the development of OpenFormula.

After lunch we could have another talk/discussion.  Since ODF 1.2 brings
along new capabilities in metadata, and this brings an additional aspect
of interoperability, I thought it would be good to have some discussion of
that.  If we can get Svante to lead us in that discussion, it would be
idea.  Alternately, we could substitute a talk on another ODF interop
talk.

After the break, I thought we would have a segment, similar to what we had
last year, where we all review a "challenge document" that we created in
each vendor's word processor.  This time I thought we could focus on a
complex Chinese document. This would be provided, in PDF form, to the
workshop participants in advance.

Regards,

-Rob

09:00-09:45 -- Introductions, Review of Agenda and Presentation:  The
State of ODF Interoperability (Rob Weir)
10:00-10:45 -- Interactive exercise on spreadsheet formula
interoperability
10:45-11:15 -- Break
11:15:12:00 --  Interactive exercise on spreadsheet formula
interoperability, continued
12:00-13:00 -- Lunch Break
13:00-13:45 -- Presentation and Discussion:  Considerations on
Interoperability of ODF 1.2 Metadata (Svante Schubert?)
14:00-14:45 -- Presentation on
14:45-15:15 -- Break
15:15-16:00 -- Review and Interactive debugging of the the Challenge Piece
(complex Chinese document)
16:15-17:00 -- Review and Interactive debugging of the the Challenge Piece
(complex Chinese document), continued.
17:15-18:00 -- Closing Remarks, Summary of work remaining to be done.