Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] ODF Interoperability: Perspectives Panel discussion (Final)

Rob,

As you stated, it would be rather difficult to be both part of the panel
and moderate it.

So either way is perfectly fine with me:
- either be part of the panel as a government rep and not be the
moderator
- or moderate the panel as a vendor-independent person and not be a
panelist

No hard feelings if someone else wants to moderate the panel :-)

Best regards,

Bart

PS: either way, I'm willing to create a small presentation of the panel
(as a teaser) with one "bio"-slide per panelist, if the panelist can
send me a few bullet points for their slide by tomorrow 12:00 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: donderdag 30 oktober 2008 13:53
To: Aslam Raffee; Florian Reuter; Jeremy Allison;
majun@RedOffice.com.cn; Malte Timmermann;
odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] ODF Interoperability: Perspectives Panel
discussion (Final)

I'm sorry to hear this, Aslam.  You're going to miss a lot of fun in
Beijing.

Bart, will you be able to moderate the panel discussion as well as be
part
of it?  In theory it is possible, but the risk is that the discussion
becomes unbalanced, either by the moderator/panelist talking too little,

or too much, on the issues.  If possible, I think it would be preferable

to have a non-panelist be the moderator.  We'll have several other
Adoption TC members in attendance:  Alan, Louis, Zaheda, Don, etc.  If
one
of them can take on the formal master of ceremonies/moderator role, that

would make things simpler.

-Rob