Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] TC Coordination Conference Calls for 2009

Title: RE: [odf-adoption] TC Coordination Conference Calls for 2009

Don,

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to join you on the call
(meeting about EU interop project)

Regarding deliverables:
- an easy-to-grasp brochure on what's new in ODF 1.2 ?
- a list of platforms NOT supporting ODF yet (mainframe ? iPhone ?)
- a map (like Bob Sutor's map) showing where ODF is accepted as a
national/regional standard

These efforts, although not a TC deliverables, could help
- porting ODFDOM+jOpenDocument would be on top of my wish list
(.NET, PHP, Python, Ruby - in that order)
- having decent viewers on mobile devices would certainly help

ODF event: January 29th, near Utrecht (NL)
http://www.odfworkshop.nl

Anyway, some notes about what's going on in the OIC TC :-)

- be sure to check out the wiki, lots of interesting work/brain dumps:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic

Including:
* slides on the expert talk with David Marston (+ discussion on the
mailing list)
* proposal on a metadata schema for testing documents
* first comments on ODF 1.1

- scrambling for the first "state of interoperability" report (a bit
difficult without test scenarios, but many of us have a pretty decent
feeling what can/does go wrong)

- prof.Shah contributed documents

We did have a resource problem (holidays, work on ODF 1.2), but we
are gaining momentum

Best regards,

Bart