Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OASIS ODF Adoption TC Coordination - Agenda &Conference Call Number for May 5, 2009

Don, Louis,

donald_harbison@us.ibm.com wrote:
>  Dear ODF Adoption TC:
>
> Louis has agreed to chair tomorrow's TC call since I am tied up with
> some personal business in Maryland, just north of Washington D.C.

[...]

> 4.) OpenOffice.org Conference - Louis

I would also like to give an update on my latest talks with the Orvieto
OOoCon team.

Firstly, they are looking for sponsors. I guess we have some people
gathered in the TC who can help with that. RF2000 surely will.
Sponsorship options will be announced soon.

Secondly, they have a different idea about a full-day ODF related
session at the OOoCon. Rather than having something like a plug-fest
camp or workshop, they would prefer to have a much bigger event about
interoperability for the general public, means inviting stakeholders
from governments, administrations, education and industry. Main topics
could be:
- ODF adoption in public sector
- Support of third party formats in OOo and derived products
  + Primarily they think about OXML
- Interoperability of ODF implementations

They also are planning to invite a independent, prominent host.

Best regards,
Peter

--
Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176