Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OASIS ODF Adoption TC Coordination - Agenda &Conference Call Number for June 2, 2009

Hi Bart,

Hanssens Bart wrote:

[...]

> Question:
> - OOoCon 2009 ODF Day: was there a call for paper yet ?

No, the organizational team is very silent so far.

> Anyway, we (= the 3 ODF TC's) definitely should apply for a session / room like we had in Beijing, and I'm willing to write an initial summary for the OOo Conference
> Probably we can use the lessons learnt from the The Hague event as input.
> So we need to have an issue tracker and at least prepare some test documents / scenarios before the event starts.
> IF by then we would have ODF 1.2 as an OASIS standard AND implementation(s) supporting the new features like RDF Meta Data, THEN that would be a very interesting thing to test...
> (But let's not forget about the ODF 1.1 implementations)

I have been discussing some issues with the OOoCon 2009 organizers a
couple of weeks ago. As far as I understood them, they would like to
have a whole day session about ODF adoption and Interoperability, not as
a plug fest but rather as a public event with panel discussions etc.,
with invited guest from governments, industry and education.

Best regards,
Peter

--
Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176