Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Spam again

In order to stop this kind of real-person spam, we'll need to:

1) moderate first posts from all new users, i.e., not publish them to the site until they're approved by a Cmte member

2) grant "trusted user" status to people who've proven to be responsible posters (so we don't have to monitor their posts).

Since there aren't that many first-time users posting, this shouldn't be too big of a task. If Peter is willing to take it on, I'm happy to work the details with him.

The topic of spam is on the agenda for the next Adoption Cmte call, and I was planning to discuss this in more detail with the group then. I'll also send out a traffic report with stats to review.

To see a list of most-read pages, go to http://opendocument.xml.org/hof/node

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Junge [mailto:peterjunge@RedOffice.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:02 AM
To: Robert Weir
Cc: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odf-adoption] Spam again

Hi Rob,

a couple of minutes ago, I have been discovering:
http://opendocument.xml.org/blog/men%E2%80%99s-jewelry-becomes-the-mainstream

At that moment it was less than 30 minutes old, but already spread via RSS. I flag it as spam, but wasn't able to delete it. If you grant me the appropriate rights, I would do so in the future. Likely I will always be one of the first to discover these kind of articles, as I'm some time zones ahead.

Best regards,
Peter

--
Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176